You are a professional in recreation enhancement, with several revealed video games on your resume, and would like to share your passion and expertise with committed and resourceful young individuals. Working as a lecturer (docent in Dutch) for 0.6 FTE – 1. FTE at the Academy for Game titles & Media (AGM) of Breda College of Used Sciences (BUas), gives you this chance. You will teach game programming at BA and MA degree. You will be operating in close proximity to the city centre of Breda, on a eco-friendly, sustainable and substantial-tech campus at a leading-ranked academy with strong field connections!
About this work
You will be teaching in our Online games bachelor’s programme, exclusively the Recreation Programming students of the Academy for Online games & Media (AGM). The emphasis in this situation is sharing your professional abilities and expertise with pupils. You will be guiding and supervising our learners as they perform on video game tasks in our simulated studio natural environment. Producing course information, curriculum renewal as well as utilizing your network to generate strategic partnerships with countrywide and global business associates is also section of the position. As a expert in your discipline, you continue to keep up-to date with the newest developments in your field and are normally attempting to increase and hone your abilities, so you can inform the up coming generation game makers about this.
You will do the job closely together in a compact workforce of business veterans and fellow lecturers where you will be offered the independence to accomplish your position withing the context of the group. In this posture, you get the prospect to information and aid clever, very dedicated and innovative younger people in the procedure of becoming leading specialist in establishing the next AAA online games, exploring the world at a best-ranked university of utilized sciences.
About the Academy for Games & Media
The Academy for Video games & Media (AGM) delivers bachelor’s programmes in Applied Data Sciences & AI (Advertisements&AI), Creative Media and Game Technology (CMGT), and Resourceful Business (CB). The academy also presents a Master in Media Innovation (MMI) as very well as a Master in Recreation Technology (MGT). Many of our programmes are rated variety just one in nationwide league tables (National Pupil Survey and Elsevier) because of their qualified orientation as well as the high quality and encounter of our workers. The team of the academy are recruited from all about the world (e.g. USA, United kingdom, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English. More data about our programmes can be discovered on our web-site.
What do we supply?
- The salary for this place quantities to a monthly minimum amount of €4,234.28 and a monthly maximum of €5,936.77 (gross amounts based on entire-time employment)
- The classification for this position will be at level 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement). Your formal position title will be that of lecturer
- This place includes a one particular-year work contract with the probability of conversion into an indefinite employment contract
- Your commuting expenses will be totally reimbursed when you journey by public transport
- You will receive compensation for health insurance
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a comprehensive-time position
- You will be doing the job in an interesting and welcoming doing the job atmosphere collectively with enthusiastic colleagues from the industry and learners from close to the world
- You will be doing the job at an academy which has potent community relations and invests in new media, game and research facilities
- You will be doing work at a major-ranked college of used sciences on a environmentally friendly, sustainable and high-tech campus near the city centre of Breda
- We provide support and economical reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities could provide tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which tends to make tax costs comparable to the United kingdom and US).
What do we request of you?
- You have experience working on professional recreation advancement tasks as a programmer, with various posted game titles on your resume
- You are passionate about your do the job and would like to share this enthusiasm with our college students and others. You have innovative and fresh new ideas on how to share this data and knowledge
- You have hands-on expertise with equipment like Unreal, Unity or proprietary activity development tools
- You are relaxed with C++. Have awareness of mathematics and physics relevant to game advancement and have knowledge with version control systems
- You have instructing knowledge or are prepared to just take didactical training
- You have a pertinent master’s degree or PhD in a applicable field or would like the opportunity to get a master’s degree
- You will be performing in an global and intercultural environment. As a result, possessing great verbal and penned communication competencies in English is a necessity
- If you do not satisfy all the occupation needs, we warmly invite you to implement in any case. If you are the suitable applicant, we can supply you a acceptable, tailored situation (trainee lecturer) with matching responsibilities and duties and a corresponding wage scale. We will then agree on a joint enhancement path, in which you will ultimately be offered the responsibilities, responsibilities and powers that in good shape the position in query. At that point, you will obviously move up to the corresponding better wage scale.
The software method
Please deliver us your application before 16 October 2023 via the on the internet application type. Do you have any concerns? Really feel free to contact Jeremiah van Oosten ([email protected]) with concerns about the occupation alone, or [email protected] for concerns about the application process.
You will receive a reply to your application two months after the closing day at the most recent. Among candidates with equal skills and experience, preference will be specified to the internal prospect.
External recruiters need not inquire.